Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Internship Opportunity

For this coming season, I have been fortunate enough to obtain an internship position at one of the top clubs in the country: Medinah Country Club. Medinah CC is located just west of Chicago, Il and is slated to host the 2012 Ryder Cup competition. For those not familiar with the Ryder Cup, it is a series of matchplay competitions between some of the best golfers in the world.

There are many different aspects of preparing for an event like this, including a complete "grow-in" of the championship No. 3 Course. Though the preparations have already begun, I will be involved in the final stages before the course opens back up to the membership. Along with gaining experience growing in a course I hope to gain valuable knowledge with fertilizer/pesticide applications, irrigation programs and technical repairs, managing crews, and much more.

Because Medinah CC provides multiple courses for its membership to enjoy, there will be many accomplished professionals for me to work under and learn from. I really look forward to this experience and believe it is definitely the correct step to take in becoming an accomplished turfgrass professional myself.


Picture courtesy of: golfersguide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment